Wednesday 29 February 2012

My Knitting History

Welcome to my new little blog, It's a good place to knit. I guess I should start by telling you a little about my knitting history.
I learned to knit back in 2003, I was in the hospital for a while and a kind lady taught me the very basics, I went on to start a teddy bear (never finished) and then I kind of stopped knitting. I guess with studying, getting sick and scrapbooking there just never seemed to be enough time.

Fast forward to January 2010, and I picked up the needles again - it took me the whole year but I finished this bag:
I finally sewed it up in November, it's not very big and it sure isn't very fancy but I am very proud of it. Last month I decided to really get into knitting, and I've finished a few projects now (I'll share them in other posts) and I've got 6 projects on the go. I've finally figured out how to break up my days to fit in knitting; as well as learning how to knit a little quicker and concentrate on tv too. This year I have learned how to purl, so therefore I've learned a little about other stitches, knitting into the backs and fronts and really all kinds of fancy things. I'm loving knitting so I thought now might be a good time to start this new little blog; to share my tales of knitting - that's the good and the bad. I might even share the hat I knit for a 4 year old that fits my blythe doll!!!

V xx

PS - if you're stopping in from Tami's blog, then thanks for stopping by my new knitty blog - I'll be sharing some WIP's next week.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to Knitting World! I hope you have realised by now just how addictive this craft can be. As you have discovered there are endless techniques and projects to try. Six projects on the needles is going some! (Saw your message about this blog on Ravelry, so you already know where to go for help/inspiration). Looking forward to seeing more about your knitting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome welcome welcome! No worries, once you have the knit and purl stitches down, the whole world of knitting opens up!

    The addiction has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! Your bag looks great - japanese knot bag?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the knit blog scene! I've been knitting for about 6 years now and I am finally branching out into making clothing. It won't take long before you are off and running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere! Your first project looks waaay more successful than my first. I think I unintentionally knit a traingle although I was meaning to knit a scarf LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to more from you!!!! Welcome back!!!!

    ReplyDelete