This is my very first pattern that I made, and I decided (due to a few demands) that I would make it available on my blog - if you do a wee search on Ravelry you'll find it also. So here's the pattern:
Yarn - RYC Cotton Jeans in Jute or any other 4-ply yarn (you could knit this in a sports weight)
Needle - 6.5mm circulars and straights
1. Cast on 1 stitch on straight needles, knit 1.
2. Increase 1 at beginning of row, purl to last stitch, increase 1. This
will be your basic pattern.
3. Every odd row will be a knit row, and every even row will be a purl row.
4. On row 11 (knit row), knit 5, *sl1 k1 *carry on in this way to last 5 stitches, k5
5. Purl row 12 and carry on
5. Every 10 rows - 11, 21, 31 etc follow the instruction 4.
Thanks so much for taking a look at my new pattern, I hope you have enjoyed it - if you have any questions feel free to contact me as knittingv on Ravelry or email me email@example.com