Friday 27 April 2012

A Knitter or Crocheter For All Seasons?//Knitting and Crochet Blog Week (KCBWDAY4)

I'm not a seasonal knitter, there I said it. I don't care about ONLY knitting winter things in the spring/summer months and ONLY knitting spring stuff in the autumn and winter months. I like to knit what I feel like knitting - it I don't get to use it for 6 months then so be it. But our weather is so changeable you can easily wear a chunky knitted sweater in the spring or a pretty light shawl in the late autumn.

I know that some people like to knit things at certain times of the year, but I don't honestly get it. Right now my Work's In Progress look pretty much like this:

Dragon Lady Shawl:
So this has only been on my needles for a short time but I'm loving the yarn and the pattern is so beautiful. I'm knitting this for a very good friend of mine.
First Baby Jacket:
This jacket seems to be taking ages to finish, but I'm getting there - I'll be doing the picking up and ribbing in no time at all.

Purple Jumper
Purple jumper is probably my biggest nemesis at the moment, it's taking so long to get done and the pattern is driving me up the wall!!! So why not just frog it? Because it's such a pretty jumper, and I can always wear it in the autumn.

Owl Poncho
I found the pattern for the fawn-cho on Ravelry but I'm not a big fan of the fawn so I'm going to do some cabled owls around the bottom edge of mine. I love the pattern and the fit of my owl-cho.
Recovery Buddy
And of course, last but certainly not least, is Ella. She's going to take me a while to get finished I think, I wish I had used straight needles and just sewn her up though - it seems to be taking longer to knit because of the circulars.

So quite a range between wintery and springlike things; the purple jumper might not be finished before the winter so it may be a while before I get to wear it but I just don't care - I knit firstly because i enjoy it and secondly because of the practicality.

Remember to use today's lovely little unique code, so people can find you - today's is KCBWDAY4.

V xx

No comments:

Post a Comment