Wednesday 5 December 2012

Queen of Hearts//WIP Wednesday

I started this shawl earlier this year, but now I've decided I want to give it to my Gran for her birthday (she's 79 at the end of December) so I'm knitting like crazy on it. I'm really proud of this shawl because it's my own pattern (which I will be releasing next year). It's knit in Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo which is just a gorgeous yarn to work with; it has gorgeous movement to it - I can hardly wait to get it finished and wrapped up!!!
 Here is a little bit of a close up on the detail; it's not great - the light in our living room is odd right now:
 In other news, last month I won some yarn and pretty buttons over on Life and Yarn or Yarn and Life in her anniversary giveaway. The yarn is super gorgeous, I'm excited to find a pattern to knit this into; any ideas? It is The Spun Monkey, DK, 300 yards:
Lastly it's been super hectic here lately, we finished painting the living room; got a new 3-piece suite and decorated for christmas. I also spent this morning at school helping with last minute bits for the christmas fayre this afternoon. Holly is continuting to do well, she has a new playpen (Santa came early for her) and is loving all the attention from the cats. I'm now off to start baking for our after school's club tomorrow.
As usual I am playing along with Tami and Ginny; I'm excited to see what everyone is working on - this season excites me!!
V xo

6 comments:

  1. Your gran is going to LOVE that shawl!!! It is a great saturated color :) Congrats on your winnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Shawl looks lovely!!
    How about knitting a Wingspan, it'll look great in your variegated yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gran is going to look GRAND in that beautiful pink shawl! The color is so incredible and bright! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn sounds super soft. I've spun bamboo before, and it was like fluffy clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is beautiful yarn, i wish i won :) i've done a number of fingerless mittens so that would be my suggestion of what you can use if for.

    ReplyDelete