Thursday 25 April 2013

Colourific (A Little Bit of Purple)//Knitting and Crochet Blog Week

When I was growing up, my favourite colour was purple (to be honest, to this day, it's still PURPLE!!!). I always wanted a bedroom with purple walls, but my Mum hated the idea so it didn't happen..... fastforward to 25 and I finally got my purple wall!! It was a really pretty, sparkly purple and I hated it!!!! I really didn't like it - for me, purple doesn't belong on the wall. But it totally belongs in knitting, and there are so many pretty shades:
Now I would love to beable to say that I knit loads in purple; but let's face it, it's pretty but not overly practical - unless it's for socks (or my very pretty OWLS sweater), or hats, or mitts..... um yeah. Purple does work well with alot of things - and I wear alot of grey, which of course goes really well with purple. Having said all of that, my knitting tends to be a rainbow of colours - I just love colour (and grey).

What's your favourite colour? Does it take place in alot of your knitting?
V xo

PS: today's code is: 4KCBWDAY4; make sure you use this code if you're playing along.
PPS: Pop by tomorrow for something a little different!!!

13 comments:

  1. My favourite colour is dark blue. I wear quite a bit of that. Strangely, looking back at my knitting, most of it seems to be is shades of pink or peach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grey was at the top of my list, but I think I've only ever made one thing with purple. It's fun to see what everyone is into today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for purple! Loved it from childhood on too! But I also have only one cardigan in purple every other knitting is not purple except for my new socks. So don't worry, the same here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must say that having to wear purple the whole of my first year in res more or less killed whatever I had for it :-D Oh, but the lovely colours you get yarns in makes for such a great choice, one has to go through the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay another purple lover! It's my favourite colour too :-) I like certain pastel shades on walls but has to be the right sort of room. I'm knitting myself a purple cardigan at the moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love purple..when I was a kid it was my favorite..maybe because it was my Mom's favorite too..but now purple has taken a backseat to green...loves me some green...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I married in lilac and mint - need I say more :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a purple lover too! I managed to persuade my Mum to decorate my bedroom purple with dark purple carpet, curtains and bedspread and lighter on the walls. She said I'd go off it but even now I have a lilac and purple bedroom. I don't knit with it much for clothes (just two sleeveless vests), but have knitted a blanket and cushions for the room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple is the bestest best! Among other things, my eyeglasses frames are purple... cuz c'mon y'all, it goes with everything. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue is my current fav! But I love a good purple, too. I like the more raspberry/red hued purples best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite color is blue but I currently have a purple (a lighter dusty shade) cardigan on the needles that I really should get back to.
    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love purple! My favourite colours alternate between purple, blue, and green. I wear a lot of purple and green together - so, purplish scarf with greenish shirt, and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Purple is my absolute favorite color. I have knit a lot in purple. Every now and then, I have to force myself to use a color other than purple.

    ReplyDelete